When you have gaps between your teeth or you have lost a tooth due to decay, infection, or accident, you can replace lost or gapped teeth with a natural-looking prosthetic apparatus called dental bridges.
Dental bridges are the latest and most effective solution for replacing teeth that are missing or that need to be eliminated. Fused between two porcelain crowns, a dental bridge not only can help you obtain an ideal and complete smile but also restores your ability to eat and appear normal.
Gone are the days when people with inferior dental structures and unsightly smiles did not have some solutions and they must live with stained, chipped misaligned, or spaced teeth. These days, a wide array of cosmetic dental treatments are available which can fix everything from minor defects in the grin to tooth discoloration, cracked or missing teeth, and unevenly spaced teeth.
From implants, porcelain veneers, and bridges to tooth-colored fillings, patients may select from a plethora of dental options to restore the vitality of their smile and overall oral health. Click here to learn more about dental implants.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental Bridges are known as false teeth or tooth (pontic) to make a beautiful, healthy, and more aesthetically pleasing smile. These prosthetics are employed in cosmetic dentistry to “bridge” the gaps in which a tooth or teeth are lost or removed.
Made of 2 caps, called crowns, and a synthetic tooth, a dental bridge is permanently adjusted to abutment teeth which are on every side of the false tooth.
Over the last couple of decades, this decorative dental appliance has transformed, thanks to cutting-edge dental technology, including the computerized x-rays along with the revolutionary 3D vision & CAD-CAM system.
Cosmetic dental specialists now can quickly create accurate dental restorations, such as abutments, full crowns, dental bars, implant bridges, and inlays/onlays, which are more durable and have more natural and pleasant appearance.
There are 3 chief types of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridges: Made of porcelain or porcelain fused to metal, these prosthetics are fixed and unlike removable partial dentures, so you can’t take them out of your mouth.
- Cantilever bridges: This kind of bridge is used when only one abutment tooth surrounds the open space.
- Maryland bonded bridges: Also called a resin-bonded bridge, this bridge is largely used for front teeth. It is a good choice when the abutment teeth are healthy, powerful, and don’t have large fillings.
- It’s a time-saving procedure, requiring only two visits to the dentist.
- Should you maintain good oral hygiene, bridges may reduce your risk of gum disease and prevent the tooth from changing, tilting, or drifting into a vacant space.
- They give you a healthy, delightful, well-aligned smile, in addition, to help fix bite issues and also improve your ability to speak properly.
- Your chewing efficiency is raised since the forces in your bite are distributed after the installation of bridges.
- Bridges are less invasive and less costly compared to dental implants or any other restorative dental process.
- Your static bridge ought to continue as many as ten years or more, albeit it needs a commitment to acute oral hygiene.
- It is very likely that your teeth become sensitive to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, get a couple of weeks following the treatment.
- Acidic food may lead to a build-up of bacteria on your teeth and gums can become infected in the lack of proper oral hygiene.
- Smoking can cause complications, as it harbors bacterial growth.
- Poor oral hygiene can aggravate the collapse of dental bridges.
- The cemented bridge may become loose or fall.
- A dental bridge demands the elimination of natural tooth structure in the two anchor teeth.
VISIT THE DENTIST REGULARLY
In regards to improving your smile, the significance of bettering your dental appointments cannot be denied. You should also get help immediately in case of jaw pain, swelling, swelling, or toothache.
This listing is by no means exhaustive. There are many more ways through which you may ensure good oral health and achieve a healthy smile. In Foote Family Dental Care, we offer quality dental services to help you get the smile of your dreams. If you aren’t satisfied with your smile, follow these five tips or contact us today to talk about enhancing its screen. Our friendly employees will be delighted to help you. Looking for an endodontist in Gonzales? Find out more right here.